Another NW Ohio Giant 2019

Welcome to the Widow Wall!
Forum rules
Remember the Golden Rule when you post
recurve

Another NW Ohio Giant 2019

Postby recurve » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:52 pm

Good friend of mine sent me his trail cam photo of this HAWG of a Buck. Wanting my opinion on what we were looking at. I told him I think you have something special posing for you. When you look at tine length and how many tines he has one has to question just what he is. NEW RECORD ??? I jokingly told him You have to get him on the ground to find out. Incredible Buckeye Buck. Mark sent me 29 photos of different bucks this year majority of them were eye brow raisers. River Bottom Bucks 20 minutes east of me. Maybe I could entice them Big Boys my way if I get some super super strong Estrus doe in heat. His hunting spot would be on the down wind side of my farm blowing towards him just 20 miles away. THINK MAYBE JUST MAYBE that would work??? LOL I wish him the Best in 2019.
Attachments
output (11).jpg
output (11).jpg (55.74 KiB) Viewed 186 times

Andy Man

Re: Another NW Ohio Giant 2019

Postby Andy Man » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:48 pm

Definately gonna need a Widow for that one
and maybe Roger Rothhar

a beauty
for sure

James Calamaris

Postby James Calamaris » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:11 pm

Recurve, he’s a Hawg! Now all they have to do is move by you during legal shooting hours. ......Uncle Jim

recurve

Postby recurve » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:10 pm

Andy Man it is good to hear from you. Your reply brought a Big Smile on my face what a Great Line you posted. With that reply I will share a picture with you. I remember your post on him and you sharing a caribou camp together and the photo you posted. Well, the soul lasts beyond departure. He lives on in our life and in the lives of all who knew him. A new season is upon us and he is with us as we head to our treestands. Snuffer in the quiver and the knowledge he taught us through the many years of experience published for all to learn and understand the Majestic Ways of the Trophy Whitetail. My Wife and I paid him a visit not to long ago and I have to say for us old school traditionalist it made my eye a little damp. Good Hunting Andy Man
Attachments
KIMG0359 (1).jpg
KIMG0359 (1).jpg (734.37 KiB) Viewed 148 times

Andy Man

Postby Andy Man » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:18 pm

Yea Recurve

Roger was one that I looked up to

Real and down to earth

shared his knowledge freely

Remember on that hunt one of the guys was ribbing him saying" Roger the only reason you kill all of those big deer is that you sit the same tree stand so long that eventually every deer in the woods will pass that spot"

while the guy was sleeping Roger coated both sides of his glasses with butter - when he got up he put on his glasses and was squinting trying to focus and Roger laughed and said "Johnnie the reason you can't kill a big deer is you just can't see one"

Return to “Widow Wall Forum”