Quiver for PSA= opinions

Discussions on Shooting Forms and Styles
Forum rules
Remember the Golden Rule!
Matt Steed

Quiver for PSA= opinions

Postby Matt Steed » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:56 pm

I wanted to get some quiver opinions and suggestions for a 62” PSA. The arrows will be 31.5 inches long. I am getting the inserts installed for the side quiver. I got a GN side mount already but was thinking of different options. What about the GN quick detach? Also thought about the Selway Slide on. I want the most distance from hood to gripper, so the arrows will be more secure.

Dave lay

Re: Quiver for PSA= opinions

Postby Dave lay » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:58 pm

Matt have you thought about using a GN strap on ? Gives a lot of separation plus I think the straps may help dampen the bow a little..

Matt Steed

Postby Matt Steed » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:38 am

I have, that is actually what I used on the test drive bow and it worked pretty well. I already have one, so it would save me some money.

Hawk

Postby Hawk » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:27 pm

I checked around. GN makes the "Kick Back" in Bolt-on, Limb Bolt, and Strap-on versions.
Unfortunately, BW doesn't carry any of the Kick Back models.
Sincerely,
Hawk

bson87

Postby bson87 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:11 am

I had an eagle's flight archery quiver. The side mount brackets were like 4" or something. I swapped for limb bolts and put on a different bow. That should give you some separation and make use of the bushings you got installed. They also have a kickback type extension and a center shaft option.

Nodrama43

Postby Nodrama43 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:53 am

I have several Great Northern kick back versions that hold five arrows. I like everything about them except the overall weight and the fact the broad head cover sits behind the riser as well. I seem to get a little rotation to the right when using a loose grip. All in all a quality piece though. I do have an an Eagle Flight small "Apache" 4 arrow quiver that will be here tomorrow. I ordered the side mount but I have no plans on setting the top of the quiver back at all. I want to keep it in line with the riser on the PSA X. I will set the bottom back to my liking and if I have to shorten the bracket I will cut the leather and then sew it back to look like a factory piece. I Tried the Thunderhorn small fry but they have yet to make a set back model which is kinda a pet peeve of mine. I like my fletching to be back towards my lower limb and string.

James Calamaris

Postby James Calamaris » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:54 pm

http://www.arrowskp.com/

Matt, try this link. Open and go to Kelly’s Tips. It has some good information on how to modify a GN by Mr. Kelly Peterson. ......Uncle Jim

Matt Steed

Postby Matt Steed » Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:53 pm

James thanks for the info. A buddy of mine kept talking about the Selway slide on model. So I tried one, and I must say I like it a lot. I got the four arrow mini slide on. I know it isn’t quick to take on and off, but I will say it is by far the most solid quiver I have ever used. I don’t never take my Quivers on and off anyway. I like the Selway because it gives a good distance from the hood to the gripper, also there is zero vibration or noise.

James Calamaris

Postby James Calamaris » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:41 am

Matt, glad you found a solution. ........Uncle Jim

Hawk

Postby Hawk » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:30 pm

Nodrama43
Thunderhorn makes a one piece adjustable "Lynx"
Bowquiver. Strap-on with an sliding carbon center rod inside a metal sleeve.
This quiver has a setback. I use one on my longbow. It expands out to about 21", so it wont fit my PMA.
Standard or Small Fry versions. Widow or Kustom King doesn't stock one. 3 Rivers offers only a 4 arrow model.
Thunderhorn website shows various hoods to choose from.
Hawk

Return to “Shooting Wall”