Limb build date?

Discussions on Shooting Forms and Styles
Forum rules
Remember the Golden Rule!
Bama stan

Limb build date?

Postby Bama stan » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:57 pm

Hey guys, I bought a set of used limbs and am putting a new string on them. I know BW says not to use dynaflight on the older limbs. How can I tell what year these are? It says 12-00 under the name on the lower limb. Is this the build date? I'm pretty sure theyre not before 88 but would like to be sure.

Hawk

Re: Limb build date?

Postby Hawk » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:44 pm

I believe your question was answered on the FB Fan Club, but here is some additional info.
Widows that are built prior to 1988, with a serial # lower than #6782 should be shot with Dacron strings.
In the early 90s Widow switched to the newer serial numbering system where the first 2 digits were the last 2 digits of that year. The remaining number references in what order those limbs were put on the order list.
You will find the serial number on inscribed on the ends of the limb butts and on the upper limb butt block on the riser. I suspect you will find 00XXXX on the butt block with XXXX being a number in the low 1K since the bow was made in December.
If an "R" is added to the to the end of the serial number, this means that an older limb, prior to 2003, has been reprofiled and refinished to the Precision specs so the "fit and finish" will match better with other Precision Risers.
Sincerely,
Hawk

Bama stan

Re: Limb build date?

Postby Bama stan » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:50 pm

Yes sir. It has the 00 on the ends. I was pretty sure but wanted to be positive lol. Thank you for your help and info.

Stan

Return to “Shooting Wall”