Still standing Tall

All archived topics
Forum rules
Remember the Golden Rule when you post
recurve

Still standing Tall

Postby recurve » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:29 pm

On Nov. 9th of this year on a Monday morning at 8:12am I released one of my cedars at this Goliath 20yds away walking broadside hitting my shooting lane only to watch my arrow touch the hair on his back.Yesterday was the first day after our week long gun season in Ohio and the BIG GUY was taunting me once again. 8:16am yesterday close to where my 1st encounter with him was he is standing in the wide open as nothing ever occurred with guns blazing away everywhere for the entire week. It is nice to see him still standing tall and he made it through our firearms season. The mistake I made was I was 21feet up the day I shot at him and didn't compensate for such height. I had 12 doe the evening before under me and downwind of me and they were putting me through the test all tell ya. For 2 half hours they were bound determined they were gonna get me to move. They tried everything I didn't dare move a muscle. The next morning I went higher up then normal 21feet trying to get less visible Goliath walks into the woods scent checking nose to the ground only to disappear walking away from me. Moments later he reappears directly in from of me at 75yds downwind of me eating acorns. I got his attention with a small soft series of grunts and it didn't take him but seconds to close the distance towards me in trying to locate what he just thought was another buck. The KBX came to full draw and walked him to my shooting lane broadside. Looking back and reshooting that height over again afterwards my compensation for that height was not low enough. I have not set foot in the woods since that Nov morning blunder. Yesterday seeing him rekindled my spirits getting back out. I looked at him yesterday and smiled after seeing him survive last week.

recurve

re: Picture 11/7/15

Postby recurve » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:51 pm

He is sporting 24 inches of width 26-28 inch main beams heavy all the way out and 10 to 11 inch tines. But the one thing that sticks out and makes him unique is he has a 10inch droptine on his left side between G2 and G3. Bow hunting at its finest when he is standing in front of you. I know he had 8 real tall tines not certain on two that were at the very ends of his beams. 10 or 11 pointer not sure on that. The photo was taken yesterday with a cell phone.

recurve

re: Picture 12/7/15

Postby recurve » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:41 pm

I typed in 11/7/15 in RE: above typo error.

hawk1

re: Big Ohio Buck

Postby hawk1 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:42 pm

As usual, you have a monster in your mist. I'm very happy that he survived the, "Men of Iron Week." If he falls, it should be by a recurve shot by Recurve. Get your butt back out there and in the game. Regards, Hawk 1

beemann

re:

Postby beemann » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:54 am

Oh my good luck

toby_essick
Site Admin

re:

Postby toby_essick » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:48 pm

WOW!! That will make a guy get out of bed in the morning and slip on his camo. Youll get him next time. Stay after it!

hawk1

re: Warm, rainy week

Postby hawk1 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:32 pm

Hey Recurve, Weatherman says one of the warmest 1st week of November on record, followed up by one of warmest Christmas weeks on record. Is the monster still standing tall or is he hiding out and staying cool is is winter coat? Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Regards, Hawk

hawk1

Hey Recurve, Weatherman says one of the warmest 1st week of November on record, followed up by one of warmest Christmas weeks on record. Is the monster still standing tall or is he hiding out and staying cool is is winter coat? Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Regards, Hawk

hawk1

hawk1

re: Oops again

Postby hawk1 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:34 pm

Hey Roger Cancel by limb order, I'll pop for the software upgrade. LOL

Return to “Widow Archive”