Different shaft question

Welcome to the Widow Wall!
Forum rules
Remember the Golden Rule when you post
Crappiepro

Different shaft question

Postby Crappiepro » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:49 pm

Hey ..right now on shooting carbons and have no issue with them flying or doing their job. I keep having a feeling of wanting to shoot wood shafts anyone else ever switch from carbon to woods? If so what did you discover? I know its probably a dumb idea to do...lol thanks

Shaftbuster

Re: Different shaft question

Postby Shaftbuster » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:30 pm

.......that the smell of cedar under your nose is absolutely worth learning a entirely different arrow craft, flight mechanics, tuning nuances....etc.

It really is. (....and they're usually dead quiet)

Matt Steed

Postby Matt Steed » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:57 pm

When you get the proper spine, they will shoot great. I have shot, Aluminum, Carbon and Wood.
My favorite is carbon. The one thing I did notice about wood was that they are very forgiving and quiet.

James Calamaris

Postby James Calamaris » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:33 pm

Well Pro, most people that want to go to wood arrows should understand that a wood arrow is only as good as the materials and the arrowsmith that makes them. They will also need to be hand straightened from time to time. Depending on what finish you use on them, they will pick up residue from the targets and can be cleaned with a little mineral spirits. Once you do get the right spine wood they are quiet, forgiving and will get the job done on all hunting situations. ......Uncle Jim

Return to “Widow Wall Forum”