Multiple bow owners ...

Welcome to the Widow Wall!
Forum rules
Remember the Golden Rule when you post
Crappiepro

Multiple bow owners ...

Postby Crappiepro » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:27 pm

Well since I am weak and have this addiction I ordered a new KB on Friday. Then as usual I start wondering if I should get a KB or another ptf which I love...you guys with multiple bows do you have much trouble switching one to another and do you have the same grip on each bow? Thanks

Mike Bolin

Re: Multiple bow owners ...

Postby Mike Bolin » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:12 pm

Started off many years ago shooting an MB with the standard Widow grip and did well with it. Picked up my first Widow longbow, a LAG takedown and it took awhile to transition between the two bows. Age and should issues forced a drop in weight and I found a low wrist grip to be more comfortable for my bow arm shoulder. I have an older TFII that is low wrist and a PLIII with the standard grip. Within a couple (few?) shots I am back on, no matter which bow I've been shooting. SO I guess for me the answer would be keep my grips as close as possible!

Sandman

Postby Sandman » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:08 pm

I shot the PTF at Compton and to be honest I didnt feel much difference in the two bows.I can switch from shooting my PCH to my KB and it doesnt effect my accuracy.I think as long as your arrows weigh about the same and you have the same grip on each bow you will do well with both bows.Im going to order another KB and bump up the weight to 50#.I like hunting in the early season when its warm with 50# but when its late season and really cold I shoot 45#.I have a 45# &50# PCH so I want to match that up with a set of KB's.I hope this helps good luck with your choice.Just keep in mind the old saying,"If it isnt broke dont fix it".

Sandman

Postby Sandman » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:14 pm

Let me clarify when I say if your arrows weigh the same I mean grains per pound.My setup are around 11.5 grains per pound.If I do this it seems like the trajectory of my arrows dont change.

Return to “Widow Wall Forum”