Compton

Welcome to the Widow Wall!
Forum rules
Remember the Golden Rule when you post
James Calamaris

Re: Compton

Postby James Calamaris » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:36 pm

Does anyone know who the winner of the Dream Raffle was this year?

Hawk

Postby Hawk » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:34 am

The Dream Raffle winner was a gentleman from Wisconsin. Think his name was David Lee or Lau.
Couldn't hear too well because of the moaning of the crowd in the event tent.
They had Monty Browning call him. Got this guy's voicemail. Monty said something about selling him some shoes, before Dennis took over to say what the call was about.
The guy probably heard the first part and deleted the message b4 he heard it all. LOL.
Sandman said he wasn't interested in hunting Illinois. I said that I was winning it anyhow. Guess there is next year.
Hawk.

Crappiepro

Postby Crappiepro » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:57 am

The gentleman's name who won the raffle is Bill Leu. Yes he is from Wisconsin. He is pretty excited about it...he's having a hard time deciding on a bow...

Hawk

Postby Hawk » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:34 pm

Thanks Pro,
Like I said, a lot of moaning going on under the event tent. A few guys said they had little interest in hunting Illinois. I asked, "Have you seen the Deer that Richard takes off of his place?" LOL
Sincerely,
Hawk

James Calamaris

Postby James Calamaris » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:08 pm

I agree, I wouldn't of had any problem with a hunt in Illinois or any FREE hunt for that matter! ..............Uncle Jim

Sandman

Postby Sandman » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:10 pm

Thats funny Hawk I dont recall talking to you about hunting in Illinois.You have a bad habit of mentioning my name about subjects without getting your story straight.Im a guy that dont like to drive a long way in a car so any far away hunt Im not really interested in,the hunting is good in Ohio.So in the future keep my name out of your post.I wasnt in the tent crying around about anything.You need to think about your own behavior at Compton before you go throwing stones at me.

Hawk

Postby Hawk » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:12 am

Gee, Tom I asked you Friday the 14th while we were shooting if you had bought tickets for the Dream Raffle and you said, that you had no interest in hunting Illinois. I said that was okay, I was going to win it anyhow.
I then went on to tell you I was in a conversation with some other guys earlier that was questioning buying tickets for this raffle for various reasons and I told you that I asked them, "Have you seen pictures of the Deer Richard takes off his place?"
As far as moaning / crying in the tent. That was the collective moan of all of us that didn't win. Never said it was you. You were not even there Saturday night.
Seems that there is a misunderstanding, so I apologize, but I assure you that it will never happen again.
Hawk
Last edited by Hawk on Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Crappiepro

Postby Crappiepro » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:29 am

Got a text from Bill the Compton widow he told me he finally got his bow ordered said he decided on a par with curly bubinga...just thought id let you guys know

Hawk

Postby Hawk » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:40 pm

Thanks Pro,
Please wish him luck on his upcoming Illinois hunt this fall.
Hawk

Return to “Widow Wall Forum”